Adrienne Braswell is an Award-Winning, Multi-Genre Vocalist, Singer/Songwriter, Actress and Creator of original Theatre who has performed nationally from Coffee Houses to Concert Halls!
“Every chance I get to sing and perform is a privilege!”
“I began performing in a wide range of venues early on in New York City. On the one hand, I was singing pop and jazz at the Copa Cabana and then same night after the show, I’d backsling my guitar over to Folk City in Greenich Village to sing and perform my original songs.</p
Later, as a fledgling actor, I was a member of TRANSACT, a professional Austin theater company, where my comedic diva within was discovered and honed. And set for life!
Down the Austin Trail, I went country-comedy with the 1990’s original ‘THE COW PATTYS’. Here, I was Co-Creator – Writer and Performer – right along with CK McFarland, Joy Cunningham, and Donna Stevens. Our A ‘Cowpella’ musical revue was a smash hit and toured nationally for 3 years including opening for The Smothers Brothers road show!
- ‘Best Blues Song’ – “Scrawny Little White Girl” – NM Music Awards 2004 from original cd BLUE DOOR
- Shared the stage with Lyle Lovett, J.J. Cale, Ferron, Michael Hearne
- Toured nationally and opened for The Smothers Brothers road show
- Co-Writer/Actor/Singer for “The Cowpattys”, a cowgirl comedy musical revue, 1993-96
- Philia in “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum” by Sondheim Paramount Theater in Austin,TX 1991 starring Jaston Williams and Joe Sears
- Principle Singer/Performer for SOUL PICNIC, an original Austin Musical honoring Laura Nero’s life and music Writer: Shelby Brammer Directors: Shelby brammer & CK McFarland Producer: Eloiise McAllister
- Member Actor of TRANSACT – original theatre company – Austin, TX 1981
- Premiere Soloist in The Mary Bruschini New Mexico Gospel Choir, 2003-08
- Music Director for Unity Church of Taos, 2004-08
- Classical Vocal performance with the The Texas Hill Country Orchestra at the Callioux Theatre in Kerrville, TX
- Studio session work with Jimmy La Fave
“Adrienne Braswell is the most awesome singer/performer I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen it awe!” – CK McFarland – Earth Angels, Into the West, The Cow Pattys
“The easiest and most honest way to describe Adrienne Braswell is that she is almost abnormally gifted. Such rare talent is anything but normal. She is one of the few singers that can leave me all but numb with wonder, pleasure and gratitude for her gifts. If only a few people this talented grace our live, it is more than enough”. – Jaston Williams – Greater Tuna
I carry on The Braswell Family legacy of Singers. Jane and Don Braswell, my parents, were Broadway performers in the 1950’s. After returning home to Texas to start a family, they were principle singer/performers in all the San Antonio Symphony and Little Theatre productions from 1958 – 1973. Donald Braswell II, my youngest brother, is a performing singer/actor and currently of “America’s Got Talent” fame.